How do tumors cause adrenal gland disorders?

Tumors are a common cause of adrenal gland disorders. When tumors grow on the adrenal glands, they can damage the glands and interfere with their function. The most common type of adrenal tumor is known as an adenoma. These non-cancerous tumors form in the adrenal glands of about half of adults, but only a small percentage of adrenal adenomas cause adrenal gland disorders. Sometimes, cancerous tumors can form on the adrenal glands. Cancerous adrenal tumors are rare.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

Should I talk to my doctor about my adrenal gland disorder symptoms?
Adrenal gland disorders can be life-threatening. Addison's disease leaves the body without enough co...
What is adrenal exhaustion?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Adrenal exhaustion is another term for adrenal fatigue. This is not an established medical diagnosis...
How do I manage my adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis?
In order to manage your adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis, you will need to take the medicatio...
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?