How can surgery treat adrenal gland disorders?

Surgery is sometimes used to treat adrenal gland disorders that occur as the result of a tumor in the adrenal glands or in the pituitary gland. Removing the tumors may help to decrease hormone production in adrenal gland disorders like Cushing's syndrome, where the adrenal glands are overactive. Removing the adrenal glands altogether is sometimes necessary.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

How do I manage my adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis?
In order to manage your adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis, you will need to take the medicatio...
How do I know if I have adrenal fatigue?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Adrenal fatigue is a term that some providers use to describe chronic exhaustion.  People with the d...
Can adrenal gland disorders be cured?
Adrenal gland disorders cannot be cured. They can, however, be managed with medication. Some complic...
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?