How can surgery treat adrenal gland disorders?

Surgery is sometimes used to treat adrenal gland disorders that occur as the result of a tumor in the adrenal glands or in the pituitary gland. Removing the tumors may help to decrease hormone production in adrenal gland disorders like Cushing's syndrome, where the adrenal glands are overactive. Removing the adrenal glands altogether is sometimes necessary.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

How do I manage my adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis?
In order to manage your adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis, you will need to take the medicatio...
What is the adrenal medulla?
The adrenal medulla is the inner part of the adrenal gland (a small organ on top of each kidney). Th...
What is the adrenal cortex?
The adrenal cortex is the outer part of the adrenal gland (a small organ on top of each kidney). The...
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?