What is the rate of incidence for adrenal gland disorders?

The rates of incidence for specific adrenal gland disorders vary. They are, however, relatively rare. About 10 to 15 in one million people are diagnosed with Cushing's syndrome each year. Addison's disease is even more rare. Doctors believe that there may currently be about 9,000 people in the United States with Addison's disease.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

Should I talk to my doctor about my adrenal gland disorder symptoms?
Adrenal gland disorders can be life-threatening. Addison's disease leaves the body without enough co...
Is cancer a common cause of adrenal gland disorders?
Cancer can sometimes cause adrenal gland disorders. About 30 percent of Addison's disease cases are ...
What is the adrenal cortex?
The adrenal cortex is the outer part of the adrenal gland (a small organ on top of each kidney). The...
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?