How long do adrenal gland disorders last?

In some cases, treatment for adrenal gland disorders can be definitive, but more often, adrenal gland disorders are chronic. If you have an adrenal gland disorder, you may need to take medication for the rest of your life. With treatment, however, you can enjoy a high quality of life and a good prognosis.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

What are mineralocorticoid hormones?
Emilia KlappEmilia Klapp
These are hormones secreted in the adrenal glands that are essential for life. They help control...
Is cancer a common cause of adrenal gland disorders?
Cancer can sometimes cause adrenal gland disorders. About 30 percent of Addison's disease cases are ...
How do I know if I have underactive adrenal glands?
Keith Roach, MDKeith Roach, MD
The definitive test for Addison’s disease is an ACTH stimulation test, commonly called a “stim test....
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?