What increases my risk for adrenal gland disorders?

Many adrenal gland disorders occur for no apparent reason. However, cancer or tumors of the adrenal glands can increase your risk for adrenal gland disorder. Some infections, such as tuberculosis, can increase your risk, as can autoimmune disorders. Genetics may play a role, especially when adrenal disorders affect children.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

How do I manage my adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis?
In order to manage your adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis, you will need to take the medicatio...
Who is most at risk for adrenal gland disorders?
There does not appear to be a particular group who is most at risk for adrenal gland disorders. Whil...
What are glucocorticoid hormones?
Emilia KlappEmilia Klapp
These are a group of hormones are secreted in the adrenal glands and are essential for life. The...
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?