How do I know if I have underactive adrenal glands?

Keith Roach, MD
The definitive test for Addison’s disease is an ACTH stimulation test, commonly called a “stim test." ACTH, a hormone made by the pituitary, is injected into the body and cortisone levels are measured before and after. Occasionally, more sophisticated tests, such as the CRH stimulation test and the insulin-induced hypoglycemia test, are used for less common forms of adrenal insufficiency.

The diagnosis of “adrenal fatigue” is made by some alternative providers for symptoms of fatigue with normal adrenal function by lab testing.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?