How are adrenal gland disorders diagnosed?

Adrenal gland disorders can often be diagnosed by blood test. These tests can tell doctors if your blood levels of cortisol, the stress hormone, are normal. If they are too high or too low, an adrenal gland disorder is usually diagnosed.

If your doctor suspects that your adrenal gland disorder is the result of a tumor, he may use X-rays, CT scans or other imaging tests to look for the tumor.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

How do I manage my adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis?
In order to manage your adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis, you will need to take the medicatio...
How long do adrenal gland disorders last?
In some cases, treatment for adrenal gland disorders can be definitive, but more often, adrenal glan...
What causes adrenal gland disorders in children?
Adrenal gland disorders in children often have genetic causes. Congenital defects in the adrenal gla...
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?