Are adrenal gland disorders serious?

Adrenal gland disorders can be quite serious. Disorders like Addison's disease can cause complications including death. Cushing's syndrome also has serious complications, including diabetes, osteoporosis, and kidney stones. Without the right balance of adrenal hormones, serious metabolic dysfunction usually occurs.

Continue Learning about Adrenal Gland

What are the treatment options for adrenal gland disorders?
Treatment options for adrenal gland disorders vary, depending on the disorder involved. Those with A...
How do I manage my adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis?
In order to manage your adrenal gland disorder on a daily basis, you will need to take the medicatio...
What is the adrenal medulla?
The adrenal medulla is the inner part of the adrenal gland (a small organ on top of each kidney). Th...
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?
How Is an Adrenal Imbalance Treated?