Alternative treatments do not currently address adrenal gland disorders. These disorders are treated with medications that replace cortisol and other naturally occurring hormones with synthetic hormones. Medications are necessary to manage adrenal gland disorders in the long term and avoid life-threatening complications.
- Q What is adrenal exhaustion?
- Q What is the adrenal cortex?
- Q Should I talk to my doctor about my adrenal gland disorder symptoms?
- Q How can I care for someone with an adrenal gland disorder?
- Q Who is most at risk for adrenal gland disorders?
- Q How does the pituitary gland affect adrenal gland disorders?