What medical issues do adopted children have?

Joni Johnston
In a way, that is like asking what medical issues biological children have!  It is impossible to predict. It depends on when the child is adopted (generally speaking, the earlier the better), what kind of environment the child has been in and for how long, the genetic make-up of the child, etc. It is much better to evaluate a child individually than to try to predict what medical issues an adopted child will have.

Continue Learning about Adoption

Can I adopt a child of a particular sex or age or more than one child?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
Yes, this is very possible, depending on country laws, state laws, agency policies, and your willing...
Do teens who were adopted have healthy self-esteem?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
One of largest studies ever conducted on adoption was conducted by the Search Institute and is calle...
How should I talk with my child about his adoption?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
To help create an open-door communication policy about your child's adoption, Peter L. Benson, lead ...
How do I find out my health history if I'm adopted?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
If you're adopted, ask your adoptive parents if they received any medical information about your bio...