How do I reassure my adopted child that I'm not going to abandon her?

Michele Borba
The central fear of adopted children is that they will be “given up” again. Your child needs assurance -- both now and forever -- that your relationship is permanent.

“Yep, my parents are stuck with me forever” is a fine peer response. And “Sorry, you’re stuck with me forever” is a glorious parent response to your child.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Adoption

Adoption

Adoption

Adoption can expand your family and provide a loving home for a child whose birth family is not able to care for him or her; types include kinship, open, private and international. Be clear about how you want to grow your family w...

hen talking with agencies to see if their services fit your needs.