Should I talk to my doctor about my Addison's disease symptoms?

Many times, the symptoms of Addison's disease aren't very noticeable. Usually, the symptoms are apparent only during times of stress. So if you notice symptoms like weakness, fatigue, dehydration, nausea, loss of appetite, and pigmentation of skin, and if these symptoms get worse when you're under stress, it's probably best to talk to a doctor. This is especially true since Addison's disease can worsen very quickly if not treated.

Continue Learning about Addison's Disease

What do I need to know about caring for someone with Addison's disease?
Caring for someone with Addison's disease mostly requires simply keeping a watchful eye. Make sure t...
What is Addison's disease?
Addison's disease, also called primary adrenal insufficiency, is a hormonal disorder in which the ad...
What is an Addisonian crisis?
William D. Knopf, MDWilliam D. Knopf, MD
Because the symptoms of Addison's disease progress slowly, they are often ignored until a stressful ...
Why Do People Crave Salt?
Why Do People Crave Salt?