How do I manage my Addison's disease on a daily basis?

Addison's disease can be well-controlled simply by taking the right medication on a daily basis. Be sure to follow instructions related to the dosage and timing of your medications, since it's important to mimic the body's natural production of hormones as closely as possible. If you're too sick to keep down oral medications, it's important to see a doctor to have the medicines injected. Also, when ill or stressed, you may need to increase your dosage. Maintain a close relationship with your doctor so you can make sure your treatment is working as it should.

Continue Learning about Addison's Disease

What is Addison's disease?
Addison's disease, also called primary adrenal insufficiency, is a hormonal disorder in which the ad...
How do illnesses affect someone with Addison's disease?
Common illnesses may have a stronger effect on people with Addison's disease, since their bodies lac...
What is an Addisonian crisis?
William D. Knopf, MDWilliam D. Knopf, MD
Because the symptoms of Addison's disease progress slowly, they are often ignored until a stressful ...
Why Do People Crave Salt?
Why Do People Crave Salt?