Why should I develop my emotional intelligence if my child has ADHD?

The most powerful way to give your child with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) the gift of emotional intelligence is to get it yourself. If you find yourself struggling with issues of emotional intelligence, you would serve both you and your child by working to develop this strength. You would benefit by seeking therapy or a support group. The personal work you do can trickle down to later generations, providing healing for those who come after you. Many crippling symptoms can be traced to unexpressed emotions. For instance, chronic health problems have been linked to the inability to express emotions. The ability to feel and express positive emotions is widely regarded as the fulfillment of the purpose of life. The emotional development and personal growth of you and your child is no small thing. It is the essential thing.
The Gift of ADHD Activity Book: 101 Ways to Turn Your Child's Problems into Strengths (Companion)

So much depends on how you look at things: Are you a glass-half-empty person, or do you discover advantages where other people find only weaknesses? When it comes to raising healthy, happy kids,...

Continue Learning about ADHD

ADHD Advice for Smart Parents
ADHD Advice for Smart Parents
Finding out that your child has a condition such as ADHD can be difficult, to put it mildly. For many parents, it's life changing. When my husband and...
What do adults with ADD need to succeed, and what are their strengths?
Dr. Lara Honos-Webb, PhDDr. Lara Honos-Webb, PhD
Attention deficit disorder (ADD) adults are often wildly inappropriate and irreverent. They can be t...
What does ADHD stand for?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. ADHD is a clinical disorder that can cause...
How Can Adult ADHD Affect My Marriage?
How Can Adult ADHD Affect My Marriage?