What is the predominantly hyperactive/impulsive type of ADHD?

Donna Hill Howes, RN
Family Medicine
Predominantly hyperactive-impulsive type is one of the three types of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). This is the least common type of ADHD in children. People with the predominantly hyperactive-impulsive type of ADHD often have a high amount of physical energy. It is hard for them to be quiet and sit still. As a result, kids with this type of ADHD may struggle in a traditional classroom.

Continue Learning about ADHD

Best Doctors for ADHD
Best Doctors for ADHD
If you suspect that you have an attention disorder, ADHD or ADD, your first instinct may be to contact your primary care physician or family doctor—a ...
Will neurofeedback help people who have ADHD?
Neurofeedback is a process by which brain waves are monitored and then feedback designed to improve ...
If I can't pay attention, do I have attention deficit disorder (ADD)?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
A basic rule of attention is that WE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT WE ARE INTERESTED IN. Everybody is paying...
What Is The Stroop Test?
What Is The Stroop Test?