What are cognitive behavior therapy techniques for children with ADHD?

The main techniques of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) for your child's attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) involve challenging negative thoughts, examining the evidence for negative expectations, generating positive expectations for you and your child, and reframing negative traits and expectations as positive ones.
The Gift of ADHD: How to Transform Your Child's Problems into Strengths

As a parent, you already know that your child has many gifts. What you may not know is that attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) related symptoms—the very qualities that lead him or her...

Continue Learning about ADHD

Helpful Resources and Support for ADHD
Helpful Resources and Support for ADHD
Getting Support Having trouble managing your ADHD on your own? Or your child's? Successfully managing ADHD and living life to the fullest doesn't have...
What are some benefits of distractibility and impatience in adult ADD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
The key deficit of attention deficit disorder (ADD) is distractibility. But what distracts the ADD...
Why should I avoid punishing my child with ADHD and comparing them to other kids?
Dr. Lara Honos-Webb, PhDDr. Lara Honos-Webb, PhD
If your child has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), punishment ("No dessert for you!"...
What Can I Do at Home to Help My Child with ADHD?