Very rarely in some kids, stimulant medications for ADHD, such as Ritalin (methylphenidate) and Adderall (amphetamine), can cause tics, and we’re not talking about those pesky arachnids that love to suck your blood. In this case, we mean that children can start making sudden, repetitive motions or sounds. Luckily, lowering the dose usually helps.
- Q How can kids with ADHD and learning disabilities get help?
- Q How can I stop interfering when my child with ADHD makes a mess?
- Q Do teens with ADHD have special needs?
- Q How can I cope with other people's attitudes toward my child with ADHD?
- Q How can I help prevent my child with ADHD from acting out?
- Q What allowances should schools make for children with ADHD?