Very rarely in some kids, stimulant medications for ADHD, such as Ritalin (methylphenidate) and Adderall (amphetamine), can cause tics, and we’re not talking about those pesky arachnids that love to suck your blood. In this case, we mean that children can start making sudden, repetitive motions or sounds. Luckily, lowering the dose usually helps.
- Q How can a diagnosis of ADHD affect my child's self-esteem?
- Q How can I separate my emotional issues from those of my child with ADHD?
- Q How can my child's school help with his ADHD?
- Q How can I help my child who has ADHD with homework?
- Q How can I tell if my child with ADHD has a food allergy?
- Q How can I know what motivates my child with ADHD to act inappropriately?