Very rarely in some kids, stimulant medications for ADHD, such as Ritalin (methylphenidate) and Adderall (amphetamine), can cause tics, and we’re not talking about those pesky arachnids that love to suck your blood. In this case, we mean that children can start making sudden, repetitive motions or sounds. Luckily, lowering the dose usually helps.
- Q How can I stop blaming myself for my child's ADHD?
- Q How do schools accommodate children who have ADHD?
- Q Who can help me find medications for my child's ADHD?
- Q How can I help my child with ADHD accomplish complex tasks?
- Q How can I use yoga to help my child with ADHD manage her activity level?
- Q Why should I avoid comparing my child with ADHD to other kids?