How many kids with ADHD also have learning disabilities?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
Research suggests that about 50% of all children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) also have a specific learning disability. Among the most common conditions are those for reading (dyslexia), handwriting, and calculating numbers. Kids with ADHD are not less intelligent than other children, but ADHD can interfere with concentration and attention. This can make it more difficult for them to perform well in school.

Continue Learning about ADHD

8 Tips for Going Back to School With ADHD
Closing the book on summer break and heading back to school can be a struggle for any child. But back-to-school time can be particularly stressful for...
How can I get my partner who has ADD to listen to me?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
I think it's important for your attention deficit disorder (ADD) partner to learn to pay closer ...
What do children with ADHD often struggle with?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Following are some of the things that children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) ...
Simple Sugars and ADHD Don't Mix
Simple Sugars and ADHD Don't Mix