How many kids have conduct disorder with ADHD?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
Conduct disorder is common among people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Conduct disorder happens in one-fourth of children and adults with ADHD and up to one-half of teens with ADHD. The symptoms of conduct disorder include being angry, hostile, and resentful and refusing to respect parents, teachers, or anyone in authority. Many people with ADHD and conduct disorder get in trouble at school and even with the law in their communities.

Continue Learning about ADHD

Gain Control Over Negative Self-Talk
Gain Control Over Negative Self-Talk
“I'm so stupid.” “I'm always messing things up.” “No one ever wants to be with me.” For those with ADD, these types of negative beliefs are common....
Why do children take ADHD medication?
Dr. Susie Whitworth, PhDDr. Susie Whitworth, PhD
The National Resource Center on ADHD states that stimulant medications reduce attention deficit hype...
How is conduct disorder related to ADHD?
Douglas E. Severance, MDDouglas E. Severance, MD
While more than 40% of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) have opposi...
How to Create a To-Do List That Really Works