Is ADHD a learning disability?

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is not a learning disability. ADHD is a behavioral disorder that causes children to have trouble paying attention and focusing. However, it is not uncommon for children to have ADHD in addition to a learning disability.

Continue Learning about ADHD

Recognizing ADHD Symptoms in Children
Recognizing ADHD Symptoms in Children
Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is currently the most commonly diagnosed behavioral disorder in children. According to the Centers for...
What are the types of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)?
Dr. Heath A. Cobb, MDDr. Heath A. Cobb, MD
The following are the types of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): Inattentive type—...
How can I cope with my feelings and others people's attitudes if I have a child with ADHD?
Dr. Lara Honos-Webb, PhDDr. Lara Honos-Webb, PhD
Coping with your feelings if you have a child with ADHD If you have a child with attention deficit h...
What Are the Symptoms of ADHD in Children?