How can I start the IEP process for my child with ADHD?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
For kids with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) to be considered for an individualized education plan (IEP), they must first be selected for the program. This starts with a referral from parents, teachers, or doctors. Specific data about the student’s progress or problems are then collected. This can involve:
  • a conference with parents and/or the student
  • observation of the student
  • analysis of the student’s performance
Next, strategies are discussed to decide how to help the student perform better. The student may also be tested for learning disabilities. At this point, a diverse team of professionals is formed to evaluate the child.

Continue Learning about ADHD

diminish digital distractions
diminish digital distractions
staying focused in today highly distracting , multitasking world is a challenge for most adults , but for grownups living with adhd it can be especial...
what particular issues affect women with adhd ?
Douglas E. Severance, MDDouglas E. Severance, MD
Women with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may feel more stress, anxiety, depres...
what does adhd stand for ?
ADHD stands for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. ADHD is a clinical disorder that can cause...
how can the internet and cell phone worsen adult adhd ?