How common is adult ADHD?

About 4% of adults are believed to have adult ADHD. The condition can be underdiagnosed in women, who are less likely to have been diagnosed as children. Boys are more likely to have been hyperactive as children, and were therefore more likely to have been diagnosed and treated.

Continue Learning about ADHD

Is Your Child a Daydreamer or Do They Have ADHD?
Headlines often suggest that daydreaming is a sign of brilliance. As a young man, Einstein was accused of daydreaming, and according to a study publis...
How can my adult attention deficit disorder (ADD) make me a leader?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
As an adult with attention deficit disorder (ADD), you're probably more interested in shaping your...
What is sensory integration training for ADHD?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
Sensory Integration Training (SIT) is designed to improve brain performance and recovery. SIT uses n...
The Attention Test to Determine Your Adult ADHD Risk