How can childhood experiences affect an adult with ADD?

The workplace often evokes memories of school, and many adults with attention deficit disorder (ADD) bring wounded feelings to work every day. Over the many interviews I conducted, I was struck by the fact that no matter how successful a person was, the pain of school days was still raw when recalled. Many people with ADD have memories of mean-spirited comments being regularly directed toward them during their childhood; often adults with ADD carry the scars from these into the workplace.

Continue Learning about ADHD

ADHD Therapy and Counseling
ADHD Therapy and Counseling
While medications are often the frontline treatment for child ADHD, research shows behavioral therapies, such as counseling, skills-training, and ADHD...
How can being in nature help me focus if I have adult ADD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Many of my clients with attention deficit disorder ADD have found that being in nature dramaticall...
What are common myths about ADD and ADHD?
Dr. Daniel G. Amen, MDDr. Daniel G. Amen, MD
ADD is the most common learning and behavior problem in children. It is also one of the most common ...
What Is The Stroop Test?
What Is The Stroop Test?