How can childhood experiences affect an adult with ADD?

The workplace often evokes memories of school, and many adults with attention deficit disorder (ADD) bring wounded feelings to work every day. Over the many interviews I conducted, I was struck by the fact that no matter how successful a person was, the pain of school days was still raw when recalled. Many people with ADD have memories of mean-spirited comments being regularly directed toward them during their childhood; often adults with ADD carry the scars from these into the workplace.

Continue Learning about ADHD

7 Tips for Talking to Your Kid with ADHD
Everyone has their own way of communicating. Even when you know someone really well, they can say something that flies right over your head. So we lea...
How is ADHD different than just being overly excited or distracted?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Having ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is different than just being overly excited o...
How can eating enough protein help with ADHD symptoms?
Protein is used to make the neurotransmitters necessary for healthy brain function. It is also d...
Why You Should Be Concerned About Artificial Food Dyes