How can divorced parents work together to help a child with ADHD?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
It is critical to have consistent routines and behavior expectations for successful treatment plans for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Especially for children, it helps to constantly reinforce positive coping skills. It is important to involve both parents in the process, from ADHD evaluation to treatment decisions. If there are communication conflicts, it may help to talk with a family therapist.

Continue Learning about ADHD

Talking with Your Child's Doctor
Talking with Your Child's Doctor
By now you're probably aware that your child's ADHD can't be cured. But with your help, it can be effectively managed. One of the most important thing...
How is impulsivity related to creativity in adult ADD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Creativity demands an element of daring and impulsiveness. A person who creates is realistic enoug...
How can being in nature help me focus if I have adult ADD?
Many of my clients with attention deficit disorder ADD have found that being in nature dramaticall...
Coping With ADHD Frustrations
Coping With ADHD Frustrations