How can divorced parents work together to help a child with ADHD?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
It is critical to have consistent routines and behavior expectations for successful treatment plans for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Especially for children, it helps to constantly reinforce positive coping skills. It is important to involve both parents in the process, from ADHD evaluation to treatment decisions. If there are communication conflicts, it may help to talk with a family therapist.

Continue Learning about ADHD

5 Benefits of Getting Treatment for ADHD
Having an attention disorder (ADHD or ADD) can feel a lot like being trapped in a turbocharged video game, with little chance to win. Your enemies and...
What are alternative therapies for children with ADHD?
RealAge AdminRealAge Admin
Some parents try alternative therapies, such as large doses of vitamins, Chinese herbals, or iron su...
What do children with ADHD often struggle with?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Following are some of the things that children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) ...
What Can I Do at Home to Help My Child with ADHD?