Could my child have ADHD?

Teachers will tell you that they typically witness a huge change in children as the year progresses. Most kids will make the transition from what I see as more of a “preschool” sort of mentality, to more of a “grade school kid” sort of mentality. It’s a big step that’s made sometime during the year, and many issues of the kind you describe are sorted out in the process. That’s why standardized tests are viewed (at least by testing specialists) as being not super-valid until second grade. That’s also why we typically don’t diagnose a child with ADD/ADHD until at least age seven.

Continue Learning about ADHD

Managing ADHD in Adult Relationships
Managing ADHD in Adult Relationships
Adults living with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) probably know quite a bit about the symptoms that come with the condition. But if y...
How can I get more information on ADHD?
If you think you have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), talk to your doc. Most people...
What are the types of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)?
Dr. Heath A. Cobb, MDDr. Heath A. Cobb, MD
The following are the types of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): Inattentive type—...
Your Child Has ADHD? How to Work With His or Her Teacher