Could my child have ADHD?

Teachers will tell you that they typically witness a huge change in children as the year progresses. Most kids will make the transition from what I see as more of a “preschool” sort of mentality, to more of a “grade school kid” sort of mentality. It’s a big step that’s made sometime during the year, and many issues of the kind you describe are sorted out in the process. That’s why standardized tests are viewed (at least by testing specialists) as being not super-valid until second grade. That’s also why we typically don’t diagnose a child with ADD/ADHD until at least age seven.

Continue Learning about ADHD

5 Benefits of Getting Treatment for ADHD
Having an attention disorder (ADHD or ADD) can feel a lot like being trapped in a turbocharged video game, with little chance to win. Your enemies and...
What does it feel like when adults have ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can make adults feel constantly disorganized and...
What are alternative therapies for children with ADHD?
In psychosocial treatment therapies, children learn how to change some of the impulsive, inattentive...
The Bright Side of Distractions
The Bright Side of Distractions