Can young people with ADHD get scholarships?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
Young people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can get scholarships if they qualify for them. Check out the financial aid office at the college or university you want to attend. Ask if any scholarships are available for students with ADHD. Also, you may qualify for scholarships based on financial need, academics, athletics, or other categories.

Financial aid counselors at colleges and universities are usually up-to-date about available funding for students. Sometimes having ADHD can help you qualify for a scholarship that another student may not qualify for.

Continue Learning about ADHD

Helpful Resources and Support for ADHD
Helpful Resources and Support for ADHD
Getting Support Having trouble managing your ADHD on your own? Or your child's? Successfully managing ADHD and living life to the fullest doesn't have...
Will my child outgrow ADHD?
Dr. Douglas E. Severance, MDDr. Douglas E. Severance, MD
While it used to be thought that children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) outgr...
What is parent training for ADHD?
Bob LivingstoneBob Livingstone
Question: How can I parent fearlessly? Do not watch the cable television ongoing presentation of ...
Work Out to Manage Stress and ADHD
Work Out to Manage Stress and ADHD