Can young people with ADHD get scholarships?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
Young people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can get scholarships if they qualify for them. Check out the financial aid office at the college or university you want to attend. Ask if any scholarships are available for students with ADHD. Also, you may qualify for scholarships based on financial need, academics, athletics, or other categories.

Financial aid counselors at colleges and universities are usually up-to-date about available funding for students. Sometimes having ADHD can help you qualify for a scholarship that another student may not qualify for.

Continue Learning about ADHD

Managing ADHD in Adult Relationships
Managing ADHD in Adult Relationships
Adults living with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) probably know quite a bit about the symptoms that come with the condition. But if y...
Why do some people with adult ADD need to move in order to think?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
If you have adult attention deficit disorder (ADD), you may feel like you need to be moving to thi...
What can I do for my teen with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?
One of the main symptoms of ADHD is impulsiveness - the tendency to act without considering possible...
What Age Ranges Are Appropriate for Brain Fitness Games?