Can young people with ADHD get scholarships?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
Young people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can get scholarships if they qualify for them. Check out the financial aid office at the college or university you want to attend. Ask if any scholarships are available for students with ADHD. Also, you may qualify for scholarships based on financial need, academics, athletics, or other categories.

Financial aid counselors at colleges and universities are usually up-to-date about available funding for students. Sometimes having ADHD can help you qualify for a scholarship that another student may not qualify for.

Continue Learning about ADHD

A Mother's Concern About ADHD
A Mother's Concern About ADHD
Matthew, an active 7-year-old, and his mother, Judy, came to see me. From the moment Judy began talking, I noticed tears welling up in her eyes. "Mat...
What are the types of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)?
Dr. Heath A. Cobb, MDDr. Heath A. Cobb, MD
The following are the types of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): Inattentive type—...
What is interpersonal intuition in adult ADD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Many adults with attention deficit disorder (ADD) have a gift of interpersonal intuition -- a qual...
How to Create a To-Do List That Really Works