Are adults with ADD more aware of other people's thoughts and feelings?

In adults with attention deficit disorder (ADD), spaciness can actually be seen as a gift of reading other people's unconscious. By unconscious, I simply mean any feelings, thoughts, or intentions that people don't directly acknowledge or admit, sometimes even to themselves. Sigmund Freud  wrote that the best approach for a therapist to contact the unconscious is to adopt a stance of free-floating attention. I argue that this stance is precisely how an ADD person operates on a daily basis.
The Gift of Adult ADD: How to Transform Your Challenges and Build on Your Strengths

If you have attention deficit disorder (ADD), you may act impulsively, daydream, and have trouble focusing, but clinical studies suggest that these same symptoms may make you exceptionally creative,...

Continue Learning about ADHD

Bike Safety for Kids with ADHD
Bike Safety for Kids with ADHD
Once hedge-funder Martin Shkreli got his hands on the rights to the life-saving, toxoplasmosis medication, Daraprim, he raised its price from $13.50 p...
How is IQ related to ADHD?
IQ has about as much to do with ADHD as a lamp and a fish. Some kids with ADHD, just like those with...
How can I help my child with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder?
If your child has attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), there are a few things you and yo...
How Does Adult ADHD Affect My Relationships?