A variety of counseling and support options can be used as alternative treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Counseling services can help with interpersonal difficulties and also improve self-esteem and develop coping strategies. Support groups provide an opportunity to share and receive support from others who experience similar symptoms. Working to maintain good overall health by eating right, exercising, and getting regular and adequate sleep is also recommended.
- Q Do ADHD medications cause young people to commit suicide?
- Q What is anti-motion sickness medication treatment for ADHD?
- Q Do we know if ADHD treatment helps children get better over time?
- Q Can ADHD medications cause heart problems?
- Q How can I help my child with ADHD reduce stress?
- Q How can I minimize side effects from ADHD medications?