A variety of counseling and support options can be used as alternative treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Counseling services can help with interpersonal difficulties and also improve self-esteem and develop coping strategies. Support groups provide an opportunity to share and receive support from others who experience similar symptoms. Working to maintain good overall health by eating right, exercising, and getting regular and adequate sleep is also recommended.
- Q Is psychotherapy a quick fix for ADHD?
- Q Is medication the only treatment option for ADHD?
- Q How can I tell if my ADHD treatment is effective?
- Q Who can I see for ADHD treatment?
- Q What are natural treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder?
- Q Can mineral therapy help treat ADHD?