A variety of counseling and support options can be used as alternative treatments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Counseling services can help with interpersonal difficulties and also improve self-esteem and develop coping strategies. Support groups provide an opportunity to share and receive support from others who experience similar symptoms. Working to maintain good overall health by eating right, exercising, and getting regular and adequate sleep is also recommended.
- Q How do stimulant medications help adults with ADHD?
- Q How do I know if I need treatment for adult ADHD?
- Q What is multimodal treatment for ADHD?
- Q Is ADHD coaching the same as psychotherapy?
- Q What is cerebellar training for ADHD?
- Q What are some benefits of stimulant medications for ADHD?