How can I prevent problems with ADHD?

Douglas E. Severance, MD
Family Medicine
You can help prevent more serious problems with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) by carefully following physician directions for prescribed medications. It is also important to continue to learn and use positive coping skills to help manage ADHD. Encourage conversations with family and friends about managing life with ADHD and ask for help when you need it.

Continue Learning about ADD/ADHD Treatment

How is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) treated?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is treated in a number of ways. Medicine is one type...
What are the effects of ADD/ADHD medications?
Ms. Julie A. FastMs. Julie A. Fast
I developed ADD later in life. It’s now very severe. I always assumed it was a symptom of my bipolar...
What Are the Treatment Options for Adults with ADHD?
How Do I Know If I Need Treatment for Adult ADHD?