What symptoms of ADHD can I expect of my preteen?

Michele Borba
Schoolwork and grades can suffer and self-esteem can plummet as work load and academic pressures increases. Stress, peer pressure, bullying, over extended schedules and lack of sleep peaks and can contribute to concentration difficulties as well. Tweens diagnosed with ADD/ADHD prone to have more problem including shoplifting, substance abuse and delinquent and risky behavior that could cause physical injury (especially boys). Seventy to 80 percent of preteens diagnosed with clinical attention deficits still have symptoms as teens and adults.

Continue Learning about ADD/ADHD Symptoms

What are the symptoms of adult attention deficit disorder (ADD)?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
It doesn't just affect children, watch this clip to learn the symptoms of adult attention deficit di...
What is distractibility?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Distractibility is the tendency to shift one's attention to thoughts, feelings, or events in the...
How does a child with ADHD feel?
A child with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may feel that, no matter how hard h...
ADHD vs. ADD
ADHD vs. ADD