What symptoms of ADHD can I expect of my preteen?

Michele Borba
Schoolwork and grades can suffer and self-esteem can plummet as work load and academic pressures increases. Stress, peer pressure, bullying, over extended schedules and lack of sleep peaks and can contribute to concentration difficulties as well. Tweens diagnosed with ADD/ADHD prone to have more problem including shoplifting, substance abuse and delinquent and risky behavior that could cause physical injury (especially boys). Seventy to 80 percent of preteens diagnosed with clinical attention deficits still have symptoms as teens and adults.

Continue Learning about ADD/ADHD Symptoms

Do people with ADHD tend to be more depressed than others?
Douglas E. Severance, MDDouglas E. Severance, MD
People with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may feel depressed because they have...
What are signs of ADHD (attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder) in kids?
Dr. Mitzi Conover, MDDr. Mitzi Conover, MD
Children often start to manifest signs of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) by the tim...
4 Ways to Find Your Focus
4 Ways to Find Your Focus
What Are the Symptoms of ADHD in Adults?