What is constitutional acupuncture?

Constitutional acupuncture is a type of acupuncture based on a form of Oriental medicine in which treatment is based on a person's constitution. According to this type of medicine, the constitution is the specific way a person's organs affect health and how he or she looks, thinks, behaves, and responds to treatment. Also called Korean acupuncture.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

The Power of Acupuncture
The Power of Acupuncture
You may not like the idea of being needled, but acupuncture has been a go-to therapy for over 5,000 years. And this Chinese healing art, which uses ha...
What does acupuncture help treat?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Acupuncture is used to treat a variety of conditions ranging from stress/anxiety to pain to disease....
Can I expect my acupuncturist to fill out my insurance forms?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Ninety-five percent of professional acupuncturists are self employed. Therefore, your acupuncturist ...
What Is Biopuncture?
What Is Biopuncture?