Why should I ask an acupuncturist about his/her greatest strength?

Dede Bonner
Health Education

As in other health professions, most practitioners don’t treat all types of cases all the time. For example, Dr. Tess Hahn, the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine’s (NCCAOM) 2008 Chair of the Board of Commissioners and an Idaho-based professional acupuncturist, says, “I know I’m not strong in pediatrics, but I treat a lot of fibromyalgia patients because I enjoy helping them. My colleagues send me their pain patients when they don’t get results.” That’s an ideal response.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

Can Acupuncture Help Ease Your Chronic Pain?
In the quest to relieve chronic pain, having tiny needles inserted into your skin may not initially sound like a great idea. But the millions of Ameri...
What are the different types of acupuncture?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
While the basic theoretical principles of acupuncture are fairly consistent, styles of acupunctu...
What is scalp acupuncture?
Scalp acupuncture is one of the types of acupuncture that uses needles, but the points are on the sc...
What Is Electro-Acupuncture?
What Is Electro-Acupuncture?