Why should I ask an acupuncturist about his/her greatest strength?

Dede Bonner
Health Education

As in other health professions, most practitioners don’t treat all types of cases all the time. For example, Dr. Tess Hahn, the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine’s (NCCAOM) 2008 Chair of the Board of Commissioners and an Idaho-based professional acupuncturist, says, “I know I’m not strong in pediatrics, but I treat a lot of fibromyalgia patients because I enjoy helping them. My colleagues send me their pain patients when they don’t get results.” That’s an ideal response.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

Can Acupuncture Help Ease Your Chronic Pain?
In the quest to relieve chronic pain, having tiny needles inserted into your skin may not initially sound like a great idea. But the millions of Ameri...
Can acupuncture or acupressure help alleviate chronic pain?
Maryanne Lane LMT NCTMBMaryanne Lane LMT NCTMB
Yes they can. Finding the root cause and working the appropriate points is the key issue. I have wor...
How many needles will my acupuncturist use?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
An acupuncturist will have to examine you and determine the number of needles to use. Different prac...
What Is Scalp Acupuncture?
What Is Scalp Acupuncture?