Is acupuncture for back pain safe if I have a kidney tumor?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
Tumors can be serious conditions and require care from proper licensed oncologists or physicians. I urge you to remain under care of these professionals. In order to integrate adjunct treatments you should consult with your primary physicians and obtain approval before you seek such treatments. I would also urge you to inform your acupuncturist of your current condition. Licensed or properly trained practitioners know the proper treatment protocols for back pain and will know the proper depth of the needle insertions. Inform your practitioner of any discomfort and discuss with them alternative approaches.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

Can Acupuncture Help Ease Your Chronic Pain?
In the quest to relieve chronic pain, having tiny needles inserted into your skin may not initially sound like a great idea. But the millions of Ameri...
How is acupuncture performed?
Jill Blakeway, MS, LAcJill Blakeway, MS, LAc
During acupuncture, a specialist determines the acupoints to focus on per patient consultation; need...
How often should I get acupuncture?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
How often a person receives cupping and acupuncture treatments depends on the condition. If people h...
Try Acupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis
Try Acupuncture for Knee Osteoarthritis