Is acupuncture considered "real" medicine?

Dr. Robin Miller, MD
Acupuncture is considered real medicine and has been used for thousands of years. In the US it is considered a form of alternative and complementary medicine since it is not often used as part of conventional medical practice.  However more and more it is being utilized by conventional medical providers and many insurances are starting to cover acupuncture treatments.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

What should I do after an acupuncture treatment?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
Patients normally feel relaxed and calm. You may feel tired or drowsy for a few hours if the experie...
When did acupuncture become popular in the US?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
Acupuncture gained respect and interest in the United States after New York Times journalist, Ja...
Is Acupuncture Effective?
Is Acupuncture Effective?
How Should I Take Care of Myself After Acupuncture?