What is electro-acupuncture?

Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Electro-acupuncture is similar to traditional acupuncture, but it utilizes electric stimulation to increase circulation and blood flow even more. Watch as acupuncture expert Daniel Hsu, DAOM, discusses how the treatment works and how it is performed.

Electro-acupuncture uses stimulation of specific trigger points on the body with small electrical impulses (milliamp/microamp) through acupuncture needles or with electro-stim hand-held cutaneous probes. It is different from TENS because it uses a lower voltage cutaneous stimulation.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
Can a millennia-old practice really help your health? Proponents of acupuncture think so, and science backs them up. “My patients are often surprised ...
Does acupuncture help in managing my child's chronic pain?
Devi E. Nampiaparampil, MDDevi E. Nampiaparampil, MD
It's difficult to do effective research studies on acupuncture. It's also difficult to recruit child...
How safe is electroacupuncture?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
Electroacupuncture (EA) is very safe for most people; however it is not recommended for patients wit...
Can Acupuncture Be Used to Treat Depression?