Does acupuncture help treat dry mouth?

Acupuncture can help treat dry mouth. I have had some patients that it has helped and others where it has not. There was some noted success with the cause being radiation treatment for cancer but not all the studies agree that it is helpful.

If you are interested in this type of treatment, I would suggest you contact someone or maybe more than one acupuncturist in your area and ask if that person has treated it, what the cause of the dry mouth was, and what the success rate was. This may help you with your decision to be treated or not.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

The Power of Acupuncture
The Power of Acupuncture
You may not like the idea of being needled, but acupuncture has been a go-to therapy for over 5,000 years. And this Chinese healing art, which uses ha...
How does acupuncture affect the vagus nerve?
Acupuncture causes measurable increases in vagus nerve activity, so it is at least theoretically pos...
How does acupuncture help treat allergies?
Jill Blakeway, MS, LAcJill Blakeway, MS, LAc
Acupuncture works for allergies because it treats the underlying cause, as well as the symptoms. Wat...
What Is Electro-Acupuncture?
What Is Electro-Acupuncture?