Does acupuncture help treat dry mouth?

Acupuncture can help treat dry mouth. I have had some patients that it has helped and others where it has not. There was some noted success with the cause being radiation treatment for cancer but not all the studies agree that it is helpful.

If you are interested in this type of treatment, I would suggest you contact someone or maybe more than one acupuncturist in your area and ask if that person has treated it, what the cause of the dry mouth was, and what the success rate was. This may help you with your decision to be treated or not.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

Acupuncture

Acupuncture

Imagine relief from back pain without medication. Imagine childbirth without the intense pain. These are just a few of the many benefits acupuncture may provide. Acupuncture originated in China thousands of years ago. It involves ...

a technique using very thin needles, which are strategically inserted in certain parts of your body. The theory is founded on balancing the flow of energy (qi or chi) through pathways (meridians) in your body. Practitioners believe that by restoring the energy flow, a re-balancing and restoration of harmony will be restored to your body. Western medicine is becoming more and more open to this ancient practice, and over the past several decades, acupuncture has been looked upon as a favorable alternative to treating many conditions.