Does acupuncture help treat dry mouth?

Acupuncture can help treat dry mouth. I have had some patients that it has helped and others where it has not. There was some noted success with the cause being radiation treatment for cancer but not all the studies agree that it is helpful.

If you are interested in this type of treatment, I would suggest you contact someone or maybe more than one acupuncturist in your area and ask if that person has treated it, what the cause of the dry mouth was, and what the success rate was. This may help you with your decision to be treated or not.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

The Power of Acupuncture
The Power of Acupuncture
You may not like the idea of being needled, but acupuncture has been a go-to therapy for over 5,000 years. And this Chinese healing art, which uses ha...
What should I expect during my first visit to an acupuncturist?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
For your initial consultation, the acupuncturist needs to assess your general health. You will b...
Why is biopuncture controversial?
Research shows that biopuncture can be effective, though some say it is unsafe . In this video, ...
Relieve Chronic Pain With Massage and More