Does acupuncture help in managing my child's chronic pain?

It's difficult to do effective research studies on acupuncture. It's also difficult to recruit children for research studies. Because there aren't many studies, it makes it hard to predict how your child will respond. Many specialists who treat children with chronic pain think that acupuncture can be extremely helpful. There are very few side effects and many children seem to feel better with the treatment. We always think of acupuncture involving needles, but if your child is afraid of needles, the acupuncturist can use other methods like acupressure to make your child feel more comfortable. 

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
Can a millennia-old practice really help your health? Proponents of acupuncture think so, and science backs them up. “My patients are often surprised ...
What is moxibustion?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese medicine technique used in conjunction with acupuncture to ...
What diseases or ailments can acupuncture treat?
Chinese acupuncture is finally getting under the skin of dieters by tapping into the body's many hid...
What Is Electro-Acupuncture?
What Is Electro-Acupuncture?