Can acupuncture help treat essential tremors?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
Tremors are neurological conditions. Essential tremors have been linked to genetic mutations which cause abnormal firing of the peripheral nervous system. One of the modalities of acupuncture is to work on the peripheral nervous system by either stimulating it or balancing it. As a result, it may be helpful in treating your symptoms. I would suggest you consult a licensed acupuncturist to obtain proper diagnosis and treatment.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

Can Acupuncture Help Ease Your Chronic Pain?
In the quest to relieve chronic pain, having tiny needles inserted into your skin may not initially sound like a great idea. But the millions of Ameri...
Can acupuncture or acupressure help alleviate chronic pain?
Maryanne Lane LMT NCTMBMaryanne Lane LMT NCTMB
Yes they can. Finding the root cause and working the appropriate points is the key issue. I have wor...
How can acupuncture relieve chronic pain?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Some people are afraid of acupuncture and the needles involved. In this video, Dr. Robin Miller ...
What Is Electro-Acupuncture?
What Is Electro-Acupuncture?