Can acupuncture help treat essential tremors?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
Tremors are neurological conditions. Essential tremors have been linked to genetic mutations which cause abnormal firing of the peripheral nervous system. One of the modalities of acupuncture is to work on the peripheral nervous system by either stimulating it or balancing it. As a result, it may be helpful in treating your symptoms. I would suggest you consult a licensed acupuncturist to obtain proper diagnosis and treatment.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
Can a millennia-old practice really help your health? Proponents of acupuncture think so, and science backs them up. “My patients are often surprised ...
What is electroacupuncture?
Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAcMaoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Electroacupuncture is acupuncture with the addition of a mild electrical current attached to the end...
Does acupuncture help treat high blood pressure?
Dr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, NDDr. Pina LoGiudice, LAc, ND
Acupuncture treats high blood pressure by relaxing the body, dilating the blood vessels, stimulating...
Is Acupuncture Effective?
Is Acupuncture Effective?