Can acupuncture help treat diabetes?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
Acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) can help manage diabetes. It cannot necessarily cure the condition, but may assist in managing the symptoms and helping to regulate the blood glucose levels. In addition to acupuncture, proper management of diabetes includes taking the proper medications (if any are required), adhering to a healthy diet, and engaging in a suitable exercise program. I suggest you contact a licensed practitioner to determine a course of overall treatment plan that includes nutrition and exercise.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
Can a millennia-old practice really help your health? Proponents of acupuncture think so, and science backs them up. “My patients are often surprised ...
What is medical acupuncture?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
When acupuncture is performed by a western Medical Doctor (MD), it is termed "Medical Acupunctur...
What does acupuncture feel like?
Jill Blakeway, MS, LAcJill Blakeway, MS, LAc
Acupuncture needles are very tiny, so they can pinch in bonier areas but they typically don't cause ...
What Is Electro-Acupuncture?
What Is Electro-Acupuncture?