Can acupuncture help treat diabetes?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
Acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) can help manage diabetes. It cannot necessarily cure the condition, but may assist in managing the symptoms and helping to regulate the blood glucose levels. In addition to acupuncture, proper management of diabetes includes taking the proper medications (if any are required), adhering to a healthy diet, and engaging in a suitable exercise program. I suggest you contact a licensed practitioner to determine a course of overall treatment plan that includes nutrition and exercise.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
Can a millennia-old practice really help your health? Proponents of acupuncture think so, and science backs them up. “My patients are often surprised ...
Can I expect my acupuncturist to fill out my insurance forms?
Dede BonnerDede Bonner
Ninety-five percent of professional acupuncturists are self employed. Therefore, your acupuncturist ...
How can I certify myself as an acupuncturist?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Non-physician acupuncturists are licensed or certified in more than forty states and the District of...
What Is an Acupoint (Acupuncture Point)?