Can acupuncture make my face look younger?

Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Geriatric Medicine
Acupuncture has shown effectiveness in facial rejuvenation. Adjunctive or stand-alone treatments are used for wrinkle reduction, age line reduction, and general facial muscle tone, health and wellness. Acupuncture is also very effective in post-surgical recovery, especially in facial cosmetic surgery. In addition, many herbal masks and washes are used to augment the treatment. The usual treatment plan is weekly for eight to twelve weeks and results in substantial reduction of fine age lines and the improvement of skin and muscle tone.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
Can a millennia-old practice really help your health? Proponents of acupuncture think so, and science backs them up. “My patients are often surprised ...
Does acupuncture work better than a placebo?
Greenville Health SystemGreenville Health System
“Acupuncture has been around for a very long time and used by practitioners around the world,” said ...
How does acupuncture help treat allergies?
Janet TsaiJanet Tsai
Acupuncture can help treat allergies symptomatically, by focusing on specific points on the face, as...
What Is an Acupuncture Face Lift?
What Is an Acupuncture Face Lift?