What should I do after an acupuncture treatment?

Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
Patients normally feel relaxed and calm. You may feel tired or drowsy for a few hours if the experience is particularly strong. You may also experience a short-term flair-up of symptoms in the healing process. After a session, it is a good idea to sit quietly and relax. A gentle walk or very mild exercise can also be helpful. Avoid big meals, vigorous exercise, alcohol and stressful situations.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
What You Need to Know About Acupuncture
Can a millennia-old practice really help your health? Proponents of acupuncture think so, and science backs them up. “My patients are often surprised ...
Does acupuncture treat back pain effectively?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
Many studies and clinical evidence have shown that acupuncture is indeed very effective for relievin...
How effective is acupuncture as a treatment for back pain?
Juan P. Villablanca, MDJuan P. Villablanca, MD
Acupuncture can be an effective way to treat back pain without surgery. Some people have had excelle...
Can the Practice of Ear Stapling Help Me Lose Weight?