Can I expect my acupuncturist to fill out my insurance forms?

Dede Bonner
Health Education

Ninety-five percent of professional acupuncturists are self employed. Therefore, your acupuncturist probably doesn’t have the staff or resources to submit insurance claims on your behalf.

Ask if this acupuncturist provides a receipt called a “super bill.” This is a standard form used to report treatments to insurance providers.

The 10 Best Questions for Living with Fibromyalgia: The Script You Need to Take Control of Your Health

A good mind knows the right answers...but a great mind knows the right questions. And never are the Best Questions more important than after the life-altering diagnosis of fibromyalgia -- or when you...

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

The Power of Acupuncture
The Power of Acupuncture
You may not like the idea of being needled, but acupuncture has been a go-to therapy for over 5,000 years. And this Chinese healing art, which uses ha...
What are some risks of acupuncture?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
While acupuncture is a highly safe form of physical medicine, there are a few risks. These inclu...
Can acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine help treat lupus?
Maoshing Ni, PhD, LAcMaoshing Ni, PhD, LAc
Unfortunately, lupus is relatively new and not fully understood. Also, autoimmune conditions lik...
Does Acupuncture Help Treat High Blood Pressure?