Can I expect my acupuncturist to fill out my insurance forms?

Dede Bonner
Health Education

Ninety-five percent of professional acupuncturists are self employed. Therefore, your acupuncturist probably doesn’t have the staff or resources to submit insurance claims on your behalf.

Ask if this acupuncturist provides a receipt called a “super bill.” This is a standard form used to report treatments to insurance providers.

The 10 Best Questions for Living with Fibromyalgia: The Script You Need to Take Control of Your Health

A good mind knows the right answers...but a great mind knows the right questions. And never are the Best Questions more important than after the life-altering diagnosis of fibromyalgia -- or when you...

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

The Power of Acupuncture
The Power of Acupuncture
You may not like the idea of being needled, but acupuncture has been a go-to therapy for over 5,000 years. And this Chinese healing art...
What is an acupuncturist?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
An acupuncturist is a person who practices acupuncture. Acupuncture is a respected field of medicine...
Does acupuncture work for infertility?
There has only been one controlled research trial involving in vitro fertilization (IVF) and acupunc...
Can Acupuncture Be Used to Treat Depression?