Can acupuncture treat acute pain?

Acupuncture comes from Chinese medicine and is a popular technique for pain relief in the United States today. Scientific data about the effects of acupuncture are still ambiguous, partly because of the difficulty of designing a well-controlled study. Although several studies have demonstrated that acupuncture can be effective in treating different types of pain, the evidence also suggests that placebo acupuncture works approximately as well.

Continue Learning about Acupuncture

The Power of Acupuncture
The Power of Acupuncture
You may not like the idea of being needled, but acupuncture has been a go-to therapy for over 5,000 years. And this Chinese healing art...
What is an acupuncture face lift?
Janet TsaiJanet Tsai
Licensed Acupuncturist Janet Tsai explains what an acupuncture face lift is. Watch Janet Tsai's ...
How long does an acupuncture session last?
Dr. Daniel Hsu, DAOMDr. Daniel Hsu, DAOM
The length of acupuncture sessions varies depending on your condition. Typically, your first vis...
How Should I Take Care of Myself After Acupuncture?