You should talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any symptoms of acromegaly. Acromegaly is a disease that develops gradually, so by the time you start to see symptoms of the disease, it has already progressed. Without treatment, acromegaly can lead to other serious health problems including type 2 diabetes, arthritis, vision loss, and cardiovascular disease.
- Q Do endocrine system diseases affect children differently than adults?
- Q Which gonadotropins stimulate the ovaries?
- Q How can endocrine-disrupting chemicals (obesogens) affect my metabolism?
- Q What can cause an elevated calcium level?
- Q What is brown fat?
- Q Is there a cure for follicular adenoma thyroid nodules?