You should talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any symptoms of acromegaly. Acromegaly is a disease that develops gradually, so by the time you start to see symptoms of the disease, it has already progressed. Without treatment, acromegaly can lead to other serious health problems including type 2 diabetes, arthritis, vision loss, and cardiovascular disease.
- Q How can endocrine-disrupting chemicals (obesogens) affect my metabolism?
- Q Do small individuals get cold more easily than larger ones?
- Q Do endocrine system diseases affect children differently than adults?
- Q Are endocrine system diseases serious?
- Q What are multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes (MEN)?
- Q What is endocrine disruption?