You should talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any symptoms of acromegaly. Acromegaly is a disease that develops gradually, so by the time you start to see symptoms of the disease, it has already progressed. Without treatment, acromegaly can lead to other serious health problems including type 2 diabetes, arthritis, vision loss, and cardiovascular disease.
- Q Are endocrine system diseases serious?
- Q Is acromegaly life threatening?
- Q Can endocrine system diseases be prevented?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for endocrine system diseases?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for acromegaly?
- Q How can endocrine-disrupting chemicals (obesogens) affect my metabolism?