You should talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any symptoms of acromegaly. Acromegaly is a disease that develops gradually, so by the time you start to see symptoms of the disease, it has already progressed. Without treatment, acromegaly can lead to other serious health problems including type 2 diabetes, arthritis, vision loss, and cardiovascular disease.
- Q What are the most common endocrine system diseases?
- Q What can be done to influence leptin and ghrelin?
- Q What is an endocrinologist?
- Q What is polyendocrine deficiency syndrome?
- Q How long do endocrine system diseases last?
- Q How do obesogens affect my weight?