You should talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any symptoms of acromegaly. Acromegaly is a disease that develops gradually, so by the time you start to see symptoms of the disease, it has already progressed. Without treatment, acromegaly can lead to other serious health problems including type 2 diabetes, arthritis, vision loss, and cardiovascular disease.
- Q Are endocrine system diseases serious?
- Q What are multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes (MEN)?
- Q What are the symptoms of acromegaly?
- Q How do I manage my follicular adenoma thyroid nodules on a daily basis?
- Q Where is the best endocrinology center located?
- Q Can endocrine system diseases be prevented?