When should I talk to my doctor about my acromegaly symptoms?

You should talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any symptoms of acromegaly. Acromegaly is a disease that develops gradually, so by the time you start to see symptoms of the disease, it has already progressed. Without treatment, acromegaly can lead to other serious health problems including type 2 diabetes, arthritis, vision loss, and cardiovascular disease.

Continue Learning about Acromegaly

Is acromegaly life threatening?
When acromegaly is treated early, doctors have a much better chance of managing the progression of t...
What is acromegaly?
Joshua B. Bederson, MDJoshua B. Bederson, MD
Tumors that produce excess growth hormone cause the condition known as acromegaly. Physical changes ...
What is the rate of incidence for acromegaly?
Acromegaly is a rare disease. Every year, about three or four people in every million develop acrome...
How common is acromegaly?
Scientists estimate that three to four out of every million people develop acromegaly each year ...