You should talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any symptoms of acromegaly. Acromegaly is a disease that develops gradually, so by the time you start to see symptoms of the disease, it has already progressed. Without treatment, acromegaly can lead to other serious health problems including type 2 diabetes, arthritis, vision loss, and cardiovascular disease.
- Q Do small individuals get cold more easily than larger ones?
- Q What is a pediatric endocrinologist?
- Q What can be done to influence leptin and ghrelin?
- Q Do endocrine system diseases affect children differently than adults?
- Q What are the shortcomings of our current thyroid tests?
- Q What can cause an elevated calcium level?