When should I talk to my doctor about my acromegaly symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

You should talk to your doctor as soon as you notice any symptoms of acromegaly. Acromegaly is a disease that develops gradually, so by the time you start to see symptoms of the disease, it has already progressed. Without treatment, acromegaly can lead to other serious health problems including type 2 diabetes, arthritis, vision loss, and cardiovascular disease.

Continue Learning about Acromegaly

What is acromegaly?
Acromegaly is a condition in adults in which the body produces too much growth hormone. This overpro...
What is the rate of incidence for acromegaly?
Acromegaly is a rare disease. Every year, about three or four people in every million develop acrome...
Is acromegaly life threatening?
When acromegaly is treated early, doctors have a much better chance of managing the progression of t...
How common is acromegaly?
Acromegaly is not very common. It is a rare condition that affects about 60 in every million people....