Should I talk to my doctor about my acromegaly symptoms?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Yes, you should talk to your doctor if you experience any symptoms of acromegaly. Early treatment may prevent further complications from the condition. When acromegaly is left untreated, symptoms worsen, and cardiovascular disease and other complications can develop.

Continue Learning about Acromegaly

How common is acromegaly?
Acromegaly is not very common. It is a rare condition that affects about 60 in every million people....
What is the rate of incidence for acromegaly?
Acromegaly is a rare disease. Every year, about three or four people in every million develop acrome...
Is acromegaly life threatening?
When acromegaly is treated early, doctors have a much better chance of managing the progression of t...
What is acromegaly?
Acromegaly is a condition in adults in which the body produces too much growth hormone. This overpro...