Should I talk to my doctor about my acromegaly symptoms?

Yes, you should talk to your doctor if you experience any symptoms of acromegaly. Early treatment may prevent further complications from the condition. When acromegaly is left untreated, symptoms worsen, and cardiovascular disease and other complications can develop.

Continue Learning about Acromegaly

How common is acromegaly?
Scientists estimate that three to four out of every million people develop acromegaly each year ...
What is acromegaly?
Joshua B. Bederson, MDJoshua B. Bederson, MD
Tumors that produce excess growth hormone cause the condition known as acromegaly. Physical changes ...
Is acromegaly life threatening?
When acromegaly is treated early, doctors have a much better chance of managing the progression of t...
What is the rate of incidence for acromegaly?
Acromegaly is a rare disease. Every year, about three or four people in every million develop acrome...