What is the Smoothbeam device for treating acne?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
The Smoothbeam system is a diode laser that has clearance to treat both acne and depressed scarring caused by acne. This laser emits energy at 1450 nm. A multiyear study done at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego found that acne lesion counts were significantly lower after only one treatment and that patients had a reduction in lesions of more than 98% after four 20-minute laser sessions. In addition, the researchers reported that patients also noted a 6-month remission of acne lesions after treatment.
100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions and Answers About Acne provides you with all the information you need to manage your complexion problems. Written by Dr. Doris J. Day, a world-class expert in the field, this clearly...

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

Does any treatment work for wrinkles and pimples?
If pimples have joined your wrinkles, now may be a good time to start on a topical retinoid like taz...
How can an adult treat his or her acne?
Adult acne is not something you should attempt to solve yourself, particularly by trying to pop, squ...
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
Are There Some Home Remedies for Acne?
What Can I Do About My Acne?
What Can I Do About My Acne?