What are common side effects of topical creams/lotions for acne?

The most common side effect of creams and lotions for acne is sensitivity or allergy to the ingredients. If these topical acne treatments are used correctly, they shouldn't cause much of a problem. But some people overuse them, thinking that more is better. However, the opposite is true. Using these medicines improperly can make skin red and scaly, and it can peel and crack. Healthy skin should not be too dry or too oily. It may take a period of trial and error to find the perfect program for your type of skin. Consult a dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

Can pregnant women take acne medication?
Because acne medication may involve treatment of hormonal imbalance, pregnant women should not u...
How can I get my old acne scars treated?
The choice to have a cosmetic procedure is a personal one. While all women are beautiful in their ...
How Long Should a Typical Acne Pimple Last?
What Can I Do About My Acne?
What Can I Do About My Acne?