What is the OmniLux Blue system for treating acne?

Dr. Doris Day, MD
Dermatology
The OmniLux Blue is a new system that uses light-emitting diodes in the visible spectrum at 415 nm. It is approved to treat mild-to-moderate inflammatory acne. Patients usually receive eight 20-minute light treatments over a period of 4 weeks. In the studies done for US Food and Drug Administration approval, 28% of patients in the study achieved optimum clearance at 4 weeks after treatment (average clearance was 76%); 55% had optimum clearance at 2 months (average clearance was 71%), and 17% had optimum clearance at 3 months (average clearance was 73%). Treatment was tolerated well.
100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions & Answers About Acne

100 Questions and Answers About Acne provides you with all the information you need to manage your complexion problems. Written by Dr. Doris J. Day, a world-class expert in the field, this clearly...

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

Are laser treatments for acne safe for darker skin?
Shirley M. Madhere, MDShirley M. Madhere, MD
I am answering this question both as a professional as well as a woman of color who has undergone la...
How is mild adult acne treated?
Mild acne in adults can be improved with over-the-counter (OTC) acne medications. People with mild a...
How Can I Get My Acne Scars Treated?
How Can I Get My Acne Scars Treated?
How Long Should a Typical Acne Pimple Last?