How do I manage my severe acne on a daily basis?

Daily management of severe acne requires careful understanding and following of the treatment plan prescribed by a dermatologist. It also requires patience, as the treatment plans can take up to six months to be fully effective. You should consult a dermatologist for more information.

If you have severe acne, you may need medical treatment. If your doctor recommends medicine, take it as directed. In general, you may also want to wash with a gentle cleanser and avoid irritants. For example, it may help to avoid oil-based makeup and tight-fitting clothing.

Continue Learning about Acne Treatment

Is adult acne treatable?
A pimple at any age is disheartening, and women get them at every age. If you’ve never had to treat ...
Can birth control pills help treat acne?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
A recent Cochrane review, a review of all the scientific studies, showed that birth control pills re...
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
How Can an Adult Treat His or Her Acne?
What Can I Do About My Acne?
What Can I Do About My Acne?